I'm a Finance Manager based in the UK who enjoys leaning about, and blogging about, all things finance and business; as well as some personal finance and tech items thrown in.
What I'm working on
- Developing myself as a Finance Manager, while looking into FinOps at every opportunity.
- Myself. Reading a minimum of ten pages of a book each day and getting fitter.
- Building a personal brand around Finance and related tech. This post explains a bit more about the thought process.
- Occasional website development through one of my 'side hustles' - https://jenksdev.com
Projects in mind
- Complete a project that was started during lockdown... VirtualTrs. A compendium of virtual tours from famous sites around the world, aimed at those who may not be able to visit such sites.
- To continue my ecommerce journey that started promisingly with £5,000 turnover in its first month, but had to put on hold mid-2021.
A few facts about me
- I'm in my 30s, married, with three children. Between keeping up with all of them, the things I'm working on and the future projects that I have in mind... I live a pretty busy life!
- Travelling is something that I am trying to do more of in current times, having island hopped around the Canary Islands and Madeira in April 2022; visiting six islands in eight days.